Email address: email@example.com
University of Tasmania (Bachelor of Media majoring in News and Journalism): 2016 – present.
Hellyer College: 2014-2015
Burnie High School: 2010 – 2013
February 2017 – present
Cross-Platform Journalist and News Operations Assistant at the Australian Broadcasting Corporation (ABC) in the Hobart Newsroom
December 2015 – June 2018
Dispense technician at North Hobart Amcal Pharmacy
December 2015 – February 2018
Weekend Supervisor/Manager at Priceline Pharmacy Eastlands
Pharmacy Assistant at Wilkinson’s Healthsave Pharmacy, Burnie
2017 – present
Tasmania Fire Service accredited fireground safety training for bushfires.
2014 – present
Surf Lifesaving Australia First Aid Certificate
2013 – present
SIRCHCS201 – Support the Supply of Pharmacy Medicines & Pharmacist-Only Medicines (Pharmacy Guild of Australia Accredited Training)
August 2018: Two-week Internship at Thomson Reuters, Sydney
During this placement, I learned skills in filing stories for the Reuters wire service for an international audience. I wrote pieces on news of Australian national significance for Reuters clients and the international general public. I collaborated with senior staff, including Australian Bureau Chief John Mair, on political analysis and reporting of the 2018 Liberal Leadership Challenge. I worked with other staff by conducting extensive interviews for inclusion in their stories and gathered important knowledge on news wires and financial markets.
May 2018: Southern Tasmania Floods Breaking News Coverage
I was the morning radio reporter for ABC’s Emergency Broadcast coverage of the floods in Hobart and surrounds. I filed hourly for eight hours and contributed to online rolling coverage through transcribing radio feeds and conducting additional interviews. My radio work aired across the country in ABC News bulletins in capital cities and regions, on Triple J and Radio National. In further weather events that followed, I executed live radio crosses to ABC Radio Hobart.
January – February 2018: ACICIS Journalism Professional Practicum Jakarta 2018
I was selected to take part a two-week academic program in Jakarta, followed by a four-week placement at 24-hour news channel Metro TV, in which I wrote and cut reader voice overs (RVOs) from the wire for their nightly World News program. I also wrote and voiced entertainment packages for the program.
2017-present: ABC Training
Through my employment with the ABC, I have undergone sessions with a voice coach for voice training for radio. I have also done online reporting training and undertaken editorial ethics sessions.
May 2016, 2017: On-site Journalist for AGFEST Field Days
Volunteered in a mobile newsroom to file online content for the official AGFEST news website over three days. This work included general human interest stories, but also political interviews with state and Federal politicians. I also contributed photographs for the site.
2013-2016: Click Foundation Program Developer and Presenter for Tasmania
In this role, I worked voluntarily for the nation-wide charity, The Click Foundation, to develop and deliver presentations to schools and community groups around the state to raise much-needed awareness and funds for Epilepsy.
2011-2015: 321 Go! Kids Race Volunteer
Assisted with pre-race and starting line procedures.
- Selected for the ACICIS Journalism Professional Practicum in Jakarta: 2018
- Finalist for the 26TEN University of Tasmania News Writing Prize: 2017
- Graduated Hellyer College with an ATAR of 98.95: 2015
- Recipient of the UTAS Global Leaders Scholarship: 2016
- Global Scholar at the Global Young Leaders Conference in the USA: 2015
- Rostrum Voice of Youth Public Speaking Competition National Finalist: 2015
- Hellyer College Exceptional Achievement Awards in Legal Studies, Modern History and English Literature: 2015
- Lions Youth of the Year Public Speaking Winner: 2014
- Don College Exceptional Achievement Award for Economics: 2014
- Hellyer College Exceptional Achievement Award for Psychology: 2014
- Burnie High School Macfarlane Medal for Excellence: 2013
- Dux of Burnie High School: 2013
- Highest-rated Student in Tasmania (achieving a high distinction) in the UNSW Global English Competition: 2013
- I am proficient in Associated Press’ ENPS News platform, Netia radio software, Viz Pilot software and have some experience with iNews TV, GV Stratus and Lynx Editor softwares.
- I speak conversational Indonesian.
- I have skills with WordPress platforms and FinalCut Pro.
Rebecca Hewett – Journalist, Newsreader and morning Chief of Staff at ABC Hobart:0408485335 or hewett.Rebecca@abc.net.au
Dr Nasya Bahfen – ACICIS Journalism Practicum Program Officer 2018 and Senior Lecturer at La Trobe University: 0450141049 or firstname.lastname@example.org